Experimental Stats (7 days)
- 3 Jan 2022 · 0xhabitat.substack.comAnnouncing Rollup Shutdown on the 17th January 2022
- 18 Aug 2021 · 0xhabitat.substack.comCommunity Update #20 - Weekly Calls
- 11 Aug 2021 · 0xhabitat.substack.comCommunity Update #19 - Governance Awakening/ Next AMA
- 21 Jul 2021 · 0xhabitat.substack.comFrom Paris with Love
Habitat is an optimistic rollup designed to allow community governance and treasury management.
Funds can be stolen if…
After some period of time, the published state root is assumed to be correct. For a certain time period, usually one week anyone can submit a fraud proof that shows that the state was incorrect.[Citation needed]
- Funds can be stolen if there is no one that checks the published state. Fraud proofs assume at least one honest and able validator.
All the data that is used to construct the system state is published on chain in the form of cheap calldata. This ensures that it will always be available when needed.[Citation needed]
There is no privileged entity that sequences transactions or produces blocks. This activity is permissionless and open to anyone.[Citation needed]
Because the block production is open to anyone if users experience censorship from the operator they can propose their own blocks which would include their transactions.[Citation needed]
- Users can be censored if the operator refuses to include their transactions and users lack resources to propose blocks themselves.
The user initiates the withdrawal by submitting a transaction on L2. When the block containing that transaction is finalized the funds become available for withdrawal on L1. The process of block finalization usually takes several days to complete. Finally the user submits an L1 transaction to claim the funds. This transaction requires a merkle proof.[Citation needed]
The system consists of the following smart contracts:
- This contract stores the following tokens: HBT, WETH, USDC, GNO.
The current deployment carries some associated risks:
- Funds can be stolen if a contract receives a malicious code upgrade. There is no delay on code upgrades (CRITICAL).