Experimental Stats (7 days)
|Inflows||$71.16 M (excl. ETH)|
|Outflows||$14.69 M (excl. ETH)|
Metis is an EVM-equivalent Optimistic Rollup chain originally forked from Optimism. It provides support for multiple, interconnected rollups with main focus on supporting easy creation of DACs (Decentralized Autonomous Companies).
Funds can be stolen if…
Funds can be lost if…
Funds can be frozen if…
MEV can be extracted if…
For additional security, any staked Validator can challenge invalid state root submitted by the Sequencer. Other Validators will then act as referees in an interactive challenge game. Dishonest Validator majority can push invalid state root on-chain, and potentially slash honest Sequencer.
- Funds can be stolen if an invalid state root is submitted to the system (CRITICAL).
While proposing blocks is open to anyone the system employs a privileged sequencer that has priority for submitting transaction batches and ordering transactions.
- MEV can be extracted if the operator exploits their centralized position and frontruns user transactions.
The user initiates the withdrawal by submitting a transaction on L2. When the block containing that transaction is finalized the funds become available for withdrawal on L1. The process of block finalization usually takes several days to complete. Finally the user submits an L1 transaction to claim the funds. This transaction requires a merkle proof.
- Funds can be frozen if the centralized validator goes down. Users cannot produce blocks themselves and exiting the system requires new block production (CRITICAL).
Metis uses the Optimistic Virtual Machine (OVM) 2.0 to execute transactions. This is similar to the EVM, but is independent from it and allows fraud proofs to be executed.
- Funds can be lost if there are mistakes in the highly complex OVM implementation.
The system consists of the following smart contracts:
- BondManager 0xf51B…b3be
- CanonicalTransactionChain 0x56a7…e1C9
- ChainStorageContainer-CTC-batches 0x3847…16B7
- ChainStorageContainer-CTC-queue 0xA91E…2E57
- ChainStorageContainer-SCC-batches 0x1073…d6f9
- L1StandardBridge_for_verification_only 0x1015…3113
- AddressManager 0x9187…867d
- MVM_DiscountOracle 0xC895…64b0
- MVM_L2ChainManagerOnL1_for_verification_only 0x9E2E…3B48
- MVM_Verifier 0x9Ed4…0Fd3
- OVM_L1CrossDomainMessenger 0x8bF4…cb36
- Proxy__OVM_L1CrossDomainMessenger 0x081D…23ff
- This contract stores the following tokens: ETH, Metis, USDT, LINK, AAVE, UNI, DAI, USDC.
- OVM_StateCommitmentChain 0xf209…9380
The current deployment carries some associated risks:
- Funds can be stolen if a contract receives a malicious code upgrade. There is no delay on code upgrades (CRITICAL).