Experimental Stats (7 days)
|Inflows||$5.90 M (excl. ETH)|
|Outflows||$1.45 M (excl. ETH)|
- 20 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Announces Public Mainnet Launch
- 14 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with Witnet
- 13 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Integrates with MyEtherWallet
- 10 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with Band Protocol
- 8 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with API3
- 7 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with Frax Finance
- 2 Sep 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with SAKE
- 31 Aug 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with Anyswap
- 26 Aug 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with Coin98
- 24 Aug 2021 · www.enya.aiBoba Network Partners with DODO
- 19 Aug 2021 · www.enya.aiEnya Launches Mainnet Beta of Boba Network
Boba is an L2 Ethereum scaling & augmenting solution built by the Enya team as core contributors to the OMG Foundation. Boba is an Optimistic Rollup scaling solution that claims to reduce gas fees, improve transaction throughput, and extend the capabilities of smart contracts.
Funds can be stolen if…
Funds can be lost if…
Funds can be frozen if…
MEV can be extracted if…
Ultimately Boba Network will use fraud proofs to enforce state correctness. This feature is currently disabled and the system permits invalid state roots.
- Funds can be stolen if an invalid state root is submitted to the system.
While proposing blocks is open to anyone the system employs a privileged sequencer that has priority for submitting transaction batches and ordering transactions.
- MEV can be extracted if the operator exploits their centralized position and frontruns user transactions.
The user initiates the withdrawal by submitting a transaction on L2. When the block containing that transaction is finalized the funds become available for withdrawal on L1. The process of block finalization usually takes several days to complete. Finally the user submits an L1 transaction to claim the funds. This transaction requires a merkle proof.
- Funds can be frozen if the centralized validator goes down. Users cannot produce blocks themselves and exiting the system requires new block production (CRITICAL).
Boba Network uses the Optimistic Virtual Machine (OVM) to execute transactions. This is similar to the EVM, but is independent from it and allows fraud proofs to be executed.
- Funds can be lost if there are mistakes in the highly complex OVM implementation.
The system consists of the following smart contracts:
- The source code of this contract is not verified on Etherscan. This contract stores the following tokens: ETH, USDC, OMG, DAI, SUSHI, UNI, USDT.
- L1 Liquidity Pool 0x1A26…1a14This contract stores the following tokens: ETH, USDC, OMG, DAI, SUSHI, USDT.
- Proxy__OVM_L1CrossDomainMessenger 0x6D45…f69e
- AddressManager 0x8376…F089
- OVM_CanonicalTransactionChain 0x4B5D…72F2
- OVM_ChainStorageContainer:CTC:batches 0xA755…2c46
- OVM_ChainStorageContainer:CTC:queue 0x3393…4c50
- OVM_ChainStorageContainer:SCC:batches 0x318d…72D1
- OVM_ExecutionManager 0xa230…B646
- OVM_FraudVerifier 0x872c…f4B8
- OVM_L1CrossDomainMessenger 0x2510…37F3
- OVM_L1MultiMessageRelayer 0xAb2A…f9cA
- OVM_SafetyChecker 0x85c0…5884
- OVM_StateCommitmentChain 0x1783…8aB6
- OVM_StateManagerFactory 0x0c49…6846
- OVM_StateTransitionerFactory 0xc6dd…Ab40
The current deployment carries some associated risks:
- Funds can be stolen if a contract receives a malicious code upgrade. There is no delay on code upgrades (CRITICAL).
- Funds can be stolen if the source code of unverified contracts contains malicious code (CRITICAL).
- The incentive contract for verification proofs is disabled - Boba FAQ
- Data Availability Batches - Paradigm Research
- Canonical Transaction Chain - Boba documentation
- Boba operates the only "Sequencer" node - Boba FAQ
- The Standard Bridge - Boba documentation
- The LP Bridge - Boba documentation
- Execution Contracts - Learn more about the Boba Network execution contracts